Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Island of Green and Blue

I would like to dedicate this piece to my wonderful, loving Nana, as a thank you for the beautiful memories created on this island:


As I sit here, all my eyes take in is the simple beauty of earth's  creation. It's like the world has packed it all into one small package and set it right here on this very island. It's waited patiently for me to sit down and find this very moment in time for hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of years.


The water shimmers with morning sunlight, mist twisting its way around the green island. This must be my Nana's green and blue days, where all you can see is brilliant emeralds and sapphires. I now understand why she is so enchanted by them.


I'm losing myself in the joy and peacefulness of it all and suddenly, it's as if nothing else ever mattered, nothing else ever will. All I can think about is here. Now. This very moment in time that will soon become history.


All I can think about is how to make this moment last. . .


                                             Written on Cama Beach, 2012                  

                                                  Kristin M.

1 comment:

  1. This is so great. We just got back from Cama Beach.It was hard to leave.

    ReplyDelete